Saturday, April 5, 2008

Australasia day 5: Auckland to Queenstown via Christchurch


I awoke this morning at 3:30am as my drunk dorm mates wandered into my dorm room at Auckland Central Backpackers. I showered, and waited for Airport Express to pick me up at 4:30am to go to the Auckland Airport and catch a 6:45am flight to Christchurch, the city of gardens. I took a $20.00 NZD shuttle to the middle of town to catch my Naked Bus to Queenstown.




Christchurch is a flat city with hills surrounding its valley. It is very British and reminds me of a London Suburb. The Weather which was overcast and muggy also reminded me of England. I tried to go to the Deparment of Conservation office to pick up my Routeburn Track passes but it was closed for the weekend.



The bus stopped along the way to look at Lake Wanake to see Mt. Cook, the tallest mountain in New Zealand, unfortunately, I couldn't get a good photo , the clouds were in the way.
Around 7:00pm, (our bus brokedown along the way0, we arrived in mini-tahoe AKA Queenstown.






No comments: